Smoking cessation services are available in Hillingdon through community pharmacies and through the Smoking Cessation Clinic at Hillingdon Hospital. The pharmacy setting provides an alternative for patients who are unable to attend group sessions.
The pharmacy based service involves a one-to -one consultation with a trained pharmacist at weekly intervals for six weeks. The pharmacist will be able to prescribe nicotine replacement therapy.
The Hillingdon Hospital Clinic has quit rates at four weeks of around 60 %. Appointments can be made on the following helpline – 0800 169 7541
The local chemists are:
- Boots, Wood Lane Pharmacy – 01895 273273
- Carter’s Chemist, 114 High Street, Northwood – 01923 825753
- Greenlight Pharmacy, 111 Field End Road, Eastcote – 0208 866 2572
- Hopkin’s Pharmacy, 292 West End Road – 01895 632883
- NVS Pharmacy, 53 Victoria Road – 01895 632408
Further advice can be obtained from: www.givingupsmoking.co.uk